Problems with ggv

I have some fairly serious problems with ggv

(as an aside why doesnt ggv appear in the gnome2 buglist as it is
being used by nautilus to view ps/pdf files)

Since 1.99.2 ggv refuses point blank to open either gs or ggv files

(no info to give - just get "ggv cannot open file")
running gs or gv directly works fine

Cant see any bugs on bugzilla about this

On my system apart from help this is about the only major problem I
get

(running RH7.3)