Re: RESEND: Position of buttons on taskbar

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Philip Rhoades">
>
> > I didn't get an answer to this before - anyone got any ideas?
>
> You can't do it. Not sure it sounds widely useful, or better than the
> current setup either.

Usability-wise I guess you could argue it has some merit, as it would
stop things jumping around on the list so much, and you could rely on
your motor memory a bit more.  But given how often windows pop up and
disappear, and the effects of window grouping on the list, I'd guess
there's probably not much to recommend it over the alphabetical
ordering.

Cheeri,
Calum.