Message freeze in practice?

Hi!

I'm a Slovak translator, NOT described to this list. Would you, please,
mind to inform the gnome-i18n list about ALL GUI changes when the messages
are freezed?

I'm starting to get frustrated :-((

This message in archives means, that message freeze is not a message
freeze:
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-May/msg00505.html

I'm not monitoring status pages that often after the message freeze and
I'm not interested in monitoring cvs-commit or this list.

I suppose to introduce 2-stage UI freeze if you need to do janitor-like
work (yes, GNOME really needs more consistency). Otherwise, you will get
consistent English GNOME with totally unusable non-English one, since
almost any language could reach 100% translated, even for core packages.

BTW, translators are one of the greatest sources for inconsistency
pointers in UI, since I really do mention when I'm translating "the same"
message more than once.

Please, don't waste our (translators') work.

Stanislav Visnovsky
Slovak GNOME Translation coordinator