Re: magicdev for gnome2
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: magicdev for gnome2
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:35:57 -0400 (EDT)
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:
> I ported magicdev to gnome2. Here's a list of changes:
> - use intltool
> - remove usage of goad/corba
> - gconfified (gconfied sounds like it's too short)
> - use gnome-vfs-monitor to check fstab and mtab (with polling fallback
> as well)
> - make use of the CDROM_MEDIA_CHANGED ioctl if the drive supports it.
> Posted the patch on my website. Can I commit ?
Can you file a bug and attach it? I don't know when I'll get to it,
but I will do so sometime within the next few months.
(Sigh, yes, that's a long time. I know. The above changes sound
reasonable, except for the gnome-vfs-monitor stuff; since we have
to wake up anyways to check the device, it seems like major
overkill to use gnome-vfs-monitor.)
] [Thread Prev