Re: Memory leaks with gnome-terminal?
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>
- Cc: Gustavo Giráldez <gustavo giraldez gmx net>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Memory leaks with gnome-terminal?
- Date: 03 May 2002 10:55:45 -0400
Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> writes:
> I have just checked out libzvt from CVS, applied the patch and rebuild.
> Unless gnome-terminal statically links to libzvt I'm sad to say that
> this didn't fix the problem for me. Within minutes (after creating 10
> terminals and closing them):
Be careful - if you don't use --disable-factory, you may be running
the old gnome-terminal process, not the new one.
A caveat here, you have to take what "top" and "ps" say with a huge
grain of salt, especially what they say about the X server... it can
be hard to know if you have a real memory leak or just caching
behavior of some kind. Of course using huge amounts of RAM increasing
over a long period of time is probably a leak, but checking top
immediately before/during/after running an app doesn't always mean
] [Thread Prev