Memory leaks with gnome-terminal?

Hi,

I am running the GNOME2 snapshots from Ximian.  When I start X the X
server takes up a reasonable amount of memory, but over time it
increases so much that I have to restart GNOME.

i.e. in a few days (this is a work machine so I logout once a week) the
X server will grow to ~400M, which fills my 512M swap and 256M RAM.

Recently I observed this behaviour:
1) in one terminal, check the current size of X with ps.  I got 293532
   and 56808.
2) start a gnome-terminal and check the sizes. I now get 298656 and
   61932.
3) close the new gnome-terminal and check memory sizes. Mine stayed at
   298656 and 61932, which looks like a memory leak to me.

Note that I use gnome-terminals with shaded transparent backgrounds.

Regards,
Ross
                                       jabber: rossburton jabber org
                        diary: http://advogato.org/person/RossBurton