Re: PATCH: panel run dialog redux

On Friday 03 May 2002 06:27, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > The only problem with the patch right now is that the window wont shrink
> > in size when the applications list is hidden by pressing the button. It
> > correctly grows in size when the list is first shown. Ideas anyone?
>
> gtk_window_set_resizable (window, FALSE).
>
> You don't want that when the list is showing though, so if you do this
> you'll need to turn on resizable when the list is open, and turn off
> resizable when the list is closed again.
>
> Alternatively, when the list is closed just
> gtk_window_resize(window,1,1) to go to minimum size; but I don't think
> you want it resizable when there's no list.

BTW is it possible to change only the height of the window when advanced is
toggled?
I think it might be useful for the user to change the width on his own, esp.
when he has to type/paste/edit a long commandline.
In this case I think to whole dialog would look saner and more professional
if it would not resize back to standard size if advanced is toggled.

Martin H.