Re: Viewports and gnome 2

<quote who="Ken Witherow">

> ok... I'm going to put one example in extremely simple terms for you since
> obviously using the higher level terminology is beyond all of us.

How about "the overloaded and no longer pertinent terminology"?

> I want to take this rectangular object which contains the output of my
> program and make it so I can see the top half of the object on one screen
> and the bottom half of the object on this magical screen that seems
> to exist underneath it.

Now you've got it! You've described the feature without using overloaded and
no longer pertinent terminology. Thanks! And... bonus... *many* of us
(developers, contributors, bug-reporters, users) agree 100%. [1]

> Would you prefer that I go into bugzilla and anal rentively file 47 bugs
> on each function of gnome 1 viewports that regresses in gnome 2?

No, that's okay, this feature regression has been reported, and is already
in bugzilla. If you find other issues with GNOME 2.0, they may be
appropriate to report in bugzilla. [2]

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] I've snipped out the doom and gloom rantage, because most bug reporters
get by just fine without this kind of behaviour.

[2] Anal retentively? Dude, how are we supposed to manage such a huge
interrelated software system without a well-used bug tracking system? It's
not anal retentive, it's absolutely essential to development.

--
                          No pants is good pants.