Users adding folders to the applications tree

Hi,

gnome-vfs can be configured to read files from ~/ via UserDesktopDir and
UserItemDir in the vFolder configuration file.  However, is it possible
to create folders in the applications:/// URI space without creating a
new vFolder file, containing a complete copy of the original?

I'm asking as I want to put all of my CrossOver stuff into a folder
called CrossOver, without having to be root and edit
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info.

Regards,
Ross
                                       jabber: rossburton jabber org
                        diary: http://advogato.org/person/RossBurton