Re: Release notes - PKG_CONFIG_PATH reference

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 08:12:34PM +0100, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On the "building" page it says that if you're diddling configure with
> --prefix you also have to diddle $PATH. I've found that:
>
> "You should also set the $PKG_CONFIG_PATH to be PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig,
> where PREFIX is the prefix you are building into."

This isn't the case if you are also building pkgconfig (which is in the
released tarballs) into the same prefix. In that case it knows where to
look by default. However, if pkgconfig is installed elsewhere (say, in
/usr or /usr/local), then you need the above setting, it is true.

The notes, as they stand in the build section, are for building all the
released tarballs into one prefix.

Malcolm