Re: user docs release?

In the temporary Doctable (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/doctable--.html),
Sun are down to do the GNOME 2.0 User Guide, including the panel, nautilus, and
control center information. As you can see from the Doctable, we have completed
these tasks and built the documentation. If there are any updates required to these
documents, let me know and I will do the updates.

At the end of May, we put back a fully-working 2.0 level user guide. In Sun we have
successfully built all of the Sun-supplied documentation, and can view it in Yelp.
So I'm concerned at talk of shipping with 1.4 docs when the 2.0 docs are updated,
ready, and available.

To find out if you have the latest 2.0 User Guide, try the following:

- Do you see the 11 chapters of the user guide that are currently available when
you select Help - Applications, and click on Core Desktop? These are all 2.0
level.

- If you click on specific chapters such as "Basic Skills" in Yelp, can you open
the chapter and read the contents?

- Can you open the relevant user-guide Help from the Help menu of desktop level
components, such as on the panel. Right-click on a panel and select Panel
Manual. If Yelp opens, you should be able to go to the About This Document page
to see if Sun is the contributor for this information.

If you are not seeing these things, then there are problems that should be
fixed. We are seeing all of these things, but if only Sun has successfully
implemented the 2.0 user guide as user documentation and desktop help, then we
need to know about it, and see if we can do something to help.

Eugene