Re: libgailutil and platform

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> writes:

> I had intended to apply the patch in bug 89372 but do I understand correctly
> that you are requesting that this patch not be applied for 2.0.x branch.

Will it change the soname again? If so, no, please do not apply it.
It wastes a lot of time for people anytime the soname changes, so it
should only change if you break the ABI, and you shouldn't break the
ABI.

Perhaps drop the gtk-style scheme of tying the soname to the version
number, and just keep the library version info separate as in the
gconf configure.in.

Havoc