Re: nautilus vs. gnome-settings-daemon "race"

Hi Jacob,

On 24 Jul 2002, jacob berkman wrote:

> what do the capplets contact g-s-d for, other than to make sure it's
> running so the settings will actually change?

	Indeed, I hadn't realised that SettingsDaemon::awake was
basically a no-op. Now I see absolutely no reason for Bonobo to be
involved. It would be very easy for the capplets to use another method
to see if g-s-d is running and start it if not, would it not ?

Cheers,
Mark.