Re: GNOME 2.0 feedback

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 09:47, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> There are two fundamental operations you could do in the pager. Move
> windows, and move windows between workspaces. Since moving windows
> normally is possible in several other ways, all of them better than trying
> to position a window in 20x20 pixels, I chose to focus on the other
> operation, which in fact the is one of the few and better ways to
> accomplish this operation.

This doesn't fit with my view at all.  In the old days when I had a
pager with viewports instead of workspaces there was only one
fundamental operation that dragging in the pager accomplished.  It moved
the window.  It was not at all confusing, and was really quite
pleasing.  I suspect Dick had the same experience.

But beyond that discussion I seem to be having a lot of trouble actually
moving my windows between workspaces.  For some reason the drag keeps
getting rejected and the window pops back to the original location.  I
can only make it stick every third or forth time.  Any idea what would
be causing that?

--Larry