Re: GNOME 2.0 feedback

On 23 Jul 2002, Larry Ewing wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 09:47, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> >
> > There are two fundamental operations you could do in the pager. Move
> > windows, and move windows between workspaces. Since moving windows
> > normally is possible in several other ways, all of them better than trying
> > to position a window in 20x20 pixels, I chose to focus on the other
> > operation, which in fact the is one of the few and better ways to
> > accomplish this operation.
>
> This doesn't fit with my view at all.  In the old days when I had a
> pager with viewports instead of workspaces there was only one
> fundamental operation that dragging in the pager accomplished.  It moved
> the window.  It was not at all confusing, and was really quite
> pleasing.  I suspect Dick had the same experience.

I see. Things get somewhat different when windows can't overlap between
workspaces though.

> But beyond that discussion I seem to be having a lot of trouble actually
> moving my windows between workspaces.  For some reason the drag keeps
> getting rejected and the window pops back to the original location.  I
> can only make it stick every third or forth time.  Any idea what would
> be causing that?

No. I don't see that at all. Very strange. I do however notice that the
windows seem to flash in all workspaces while moving them...

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a suave overambitious cowboy on the edge. She's a warm-hearted
kleptomaniac pearl diver with a knack for trouble. They fight crime!