Re: Hackers, users and Usibility - Was: Re: Control Center Behavior

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 02:52:06PM -0500, Seth Nickell wrote:
> I don't have hard statistics on this (some of the distro folks probably
> do?), but I think even with GNOME's existing user base the vast majority
> are non-hackers.

Well, !hacker != user (period).

The vast majority of gnome users may not be gnome hackers/programmers,
but I'd say that the vast majority of any distribution are people
related to sciences/engineering, or their close relatives.

Cheers,