Re: Control Center Behavior

Ok, then how about "would you like to use the default desktop settings? (If
you want to change these things after logon, please look under the
appearance menu.)  YES no"

That way the user know that if "hey, I don't like these settings after all,
but I know I can change them because I saw it when I first logged on."

Or, how about a quick little program that asks the user "Have you ever used
a computer before? Yes no" If user selects no, then they get the standard
GNOME desktop, and maybe the standard desktop is well setup for newbies.
Then, if they choose yes they are asked,

"Would you like your desktop to be like:

                                GNOME Standard
                                Mac
                                Windows
                                 DOS ASCII Desktop - just kidding :)
                                 Custom

Then they choose, and the option they want, and the gnome setup file that is
correct for that style is copied into place and BOOM!  Mission accomplished.

Dan