Re: Control Center Behavior

----- Original Message -----
From: "mike" <mike redtux demon co uk>
To: <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: GNOME 2.0 feedback

> On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 17:58, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > Christian Rose <menthos menthos com> writes:
Windows,

> > > "You are wrong on this one". Limbo uses the default gnome2 menu
> > > configuration by default.
> > >

> > No it doesn't, it uses a setup more like our 7.3 setup.
> >
> > One reason for this is to have the same setup in GNOME and KDE.
>
> Have to admit I'm with Dave Bordoley on this - having the app menu at
> the top is just so much easier to use.
>
> I use RH, but fail to see why gnome should have the broken "start menu"
> setup just because the competition does.

OK, everyone likes it different.  How about this:  when you run GNOME for
the first time it says, "Would you like to use the default desktop settings?
YES no"

That way, if you are not technical or don't care, you hit enter and go on
your merry way.  Other wise, you could choose a couple of options like
during ximian setup.  Makes everyone happy!

Dan