Re: VTE on Solaris

Owen Taylor wrote:

a) I think vte actually uses C library functionality on the resulting
   wide characters - in particular wcwidth().

   One the other hand, I think there is an assumption elsewhere in
VTE that wchar_t is Unicode, so maybe what is needed is to include a wcwidth() implementation on platforms where
   __STDC_ISO_10646__ isn't defined.

I think using wchar_t type is incorrect if vte is assuming it as Unicode. It should define own char type.

Also, instead of using C librarry wide char functions, zve should have own implementations for wcwidth, wcslen, wcscpy, mbsrtowcs, and any other, without including <wchar_t>.

b) UCS-4 may not be the right endianness.

How is "wchar_t" expected to be encoded in the current vte code? Using
either "UCS-4LE" or "UCS-4BE" will become right for it (at least for performing quick testing)?

Regards,
Toshi