Re: Fifth-toe list (was Re: [Usability]thoughts on ui-review for fifth toe)

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Luis Villa wrote:

> This list generally looks OK to me, but a question: who gets to veto
> things from this list with a 'this is not up to GNOME standards' note?
> For example, to the best of my knowledge, xchat will never conform to
> the HIG, and Rachel has had no time to do anything with metatheme to
> bring it up to the stability/functionality standards we've set in the
> core release. Do those things matter for fifth toe?

I think that's up to the release team to decide.

> Relatedly, do we want to include only 'stable' releases of gtk2-ported
> apps? i.e., should gimp be in if our choice is a gtk1.4 version or an
> unstable devel version? Or should we just leave it out until it is
> stable?

How long until it's "stable"?  If stablizing will take a long time and
it's still usable now, I'd vote for including it now in its "unstable"
form.

Below is the revised list which I already sent to g2rt.

-----------------------
GNOME2 -- The Fifth Toe
-----------------------

Multimedia:
-----------
gthumb
ggv
gnomemeeting
gstreamer
gst-player
rhythmbox
gimp

Internet:
---------
xchat
gaim
GnomeICU
galeon
pan

Look/Feel:
----------
gtk-thinice-engine
gtk-cleanice-engine
crux
metatheme

Platform:
---------
gal
gnome-vfs-extras

Utility:
--------
acme
file-roller

Games/Amusements:
-----------------
atomix

------------------------------
GNOME2 -- Developer Carpet Bag
------------------------------
glade
anjuta2
memprof
ghex

------------------------------
GNOME2 -- Office
------------------------------
gnumeric
mrproject
abiword
dia
gnome-db
guppi
toutdoux
sodipodi
gnucash
evolution
Agnubis
libgda
libgnomedb
libole2 (libgsf?)

--
name:   Jamin Philip Gray
email:  jamin pubcrawler org

What kind of sordid business are you on now?  I mean, man, whither goest
thou?  Whither goest thou, American, in thy shiny car in the night?

--Jack Kerouac