GNOME Panel Menus

Hi,

It appears that the ability to right-click on the GNOME Menu panel
button has disappeared in the Ximian snaps (and thus 2.0.1 I guess).

I used this a lot, as the default menu layout:

  Applications ->
  Run
  Screenshot
  ---
  Lock
  Logout

I considered rather odd, as the programs should be top-level citizens.
I usually re-arrange so it looks like:

  Accessories ->
  Desktop Preferences ->
  Help
  Home Folder
  Run
  Screenshot
  Lock
  Logout

To do this I have to turn the menu into a Main Menu, not a global panel
menu, or something...  I can't check the options as they have
disappeared... :)  Also, I like to change the foot icon so that I can
see it better on my panel pixmap.

Will this feature return?  If not, is there a good reason for the
current layout of the GNOME menu, with applications as a subfolder.

Regards,
Ross
                                       jabber: rossburton jabber org
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./