Re: Nautilus bugs and design choices (back-button)

Hi Mathias,

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:

> 	b) Rip-out the location entry, causing nautilus to become a really
> useless programm for more advanced users. In that case you also

Not if you extend the functionality of the tree side panel to have
incremental search capacity (with or without an accompanying textfield).
Then the advanced user can still go where he wants with a few keystrokes.
How about that?

> use such a system. AND: We should not overrate Sun's usablility studies:
> _Sun is clueless about useablility_. Don't know of a successfull desktop

And you don't even know how to spell usability. I think the involvement of
Sun here is very welcome; not in the least because they have resources to
conduct actual usability studies that ordinary hackers don't.

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778