Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 02:15:24PM +0200, Sunnanvind Fenderson wrote:
[...]
> Okay, there are only a few, non-conclusive reasons for gnome to use
> the debian menu system - it would be neat and clean and consistent.
>
> I can't think of any reasons why it *shouldn't* use the debian menu
> system, though.

Where is this menu system described? I don't have access to a Debian box
and don't really know what this wonderful system is about; so where can
I learn more?

> If the gnome "menu layout" (that is, the categories) is better than
> the debian ditto, I'm sure the debian menu maintainers would like to
> know.

Comparisons do not always result in "better" or "worse". There is also
"incomparable" or "serves different purposes".

I, personally, need more data before I can evaluate anything of the
magnitude that this thread is proposing.

Malcolm