Re: Panel is very broken, please revert.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Alex,
>
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Alex Larsson wrote:
>
> > Ok. I'm getting tired of this. The panel has been completely broken for
> > more than ten days now, and nobody has fixed it. As soon as you click
> > anywhere on the panel it locks up forever.
> >
> > This has been caused by the
> > 2002-01-14  Padraig O'Briain <padraig obriain sun com>
> > accessible panel checkin I believe.
> >
> > Can someone *please* revert this change, and then work on the fix while
> > the rest of us can actually use our desktops?
>
> 	What kind of crap is this? I cannot believe you would single
> out at random someone elses work and ask them to revert. What other
> better options might you have had here?
>
> 	* Try to debug the problem yourself.
> 	* Log a bug.
> 	* Send Padraig an email.
>
> 	Gah ...

I'm sorry about the nasty tone of my mail. I was just frustrated that
nobody seemed to care that our desktop basically didn't work (a lot of
people, here at Red Hat and on irc, had this problem) for more than a
week. I should have debugged it better myself instead of just blaiming
Padraigs work that happened to coincide with this.

> 	Just so the casual observer realises - this turned out to have
> nothing to do with Padraig's excellant panel keyboard navigation work.

Yeah. Although I'm still not sure if prelighting the panel is a good way
to indicate focus.

/ Alex