Re: in case you missed it

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:23:38PM +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, John Fleck wrote:
>
> > My understanding from Michael's earlier note about this a week ago,
> > when he did it, was, "The impact of this is extremely tiny, since the
> > APIs the public use ... doesn't change at all, indeed this change will
> > not have any bincompat affect on any existing software." Do you have
> > some reason to believe that is not the case?
> >

> Yes, the function was being used (and still is being) both before and
> after the chanmge, so the "not affecting any existing software" part is
> not exactly true. If a function's signature changes its use also has to
> change - there is no way to call a function with one less parameter.

Farbeit from me to try to speak for Michael but... My understanding
when he explained this issue to the release team a week ago was that
no one but him was using this function, that it was not called outside
of bonobo/libbonobo. That's what LXR shows. Are there problems that
have arisen, or are you just using an abundance of caution?

I'm puzzled this is coming up now, since you don't seem to have raised
any objection when Michael brought this to the release team.

Cheers,

John