Re: in case you missed it

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 14:34, John Fleck wrote:
> Farbeit from me to try to speak for Michael but... My understanding
> when he explained this issue to the release team a week ago was that
> no one but him was using this function, that it was not called outside
> of bonobo/libbonobo.

	Your understanding is correct, and not just that - but using it outside
of bonobo is conceptually broken anyway, that is unless you are
implementing your own synchronizer - something that I believe no one has
ever done.

> I'm puzzled this is coming up now, since you don't seem to have raised
> any objection when Michael brought this to the release team.

	It's fair enough to warn people if bincompat changes - but then it's
trivially verifiable that no known Gnome software (in LXR) uses, or has
used this API outside of bonobo. Arguably these APIs should be made
private until they are needed.

	Regards,

		Michael.