Re: small (size 8) fonts

Mike Johnson <dev_randjohnson yahoo com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I hacked and compiled away for a week to get to the gnome2 desktop. My
> goal is to help out with some of the bug stomping.
>
> I have one problem that I haven't been able to figure out just yet -- my
> fonts are all miniscule -- like size 8 or even smaller. There's no
> capplet that is compilied right now for themes...
>
> Has anybody seen this? It's hurting my eyes. :-)

Note that the size in pixels of the default font depends on the
resolution of your screen. (By resolution, I don't mean the
number of pixels, but the number of pixels per inch.)

If X successfully queries your monitor for its size, you'll get a
reasonably size font, but if it is using the default resolution
(usually 75dpi) things will probably look small.

You can find out what X thinks your current resolution is
from the 'xdpyinfo' command.

In XFree86, you can manually set the size of your monitor using the
DisplaySize option in the "monitor" section of the XF86Config file.

Regards,
                                        Owen