problem compiling gnome-core-1.5.4

Hi all,

I installed gettext-0.10.40 but it seems to not solve the problem, so I tried using --disable-nls with configure, but I get the same error:

./.libs/libgnome-desktop-2.so: undefined reference to `bind_textdomain_codeset'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test-ditem] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/temp/gnome-core-1.5.4/gnome-desktop'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/temp/gnome-core-1.5.4'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

maybe I'm missing some lib or a newer version, but I think that failing after I told configure to not use NLS is a bug.

should I enter a new bug? or is there an easy workaround?

Thanks.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero jazzfree com

* Si no puedes hacerlo bien, hazlo bonito (Bill Gates)
* If you can't do it well, do it nice (Bill Gates)