inconsistent state for check buttons

Hi,

I am trying to make a check button appear inconsistent (ie: a 'greyed
out' checkmark being displayed). Right now when I do this the check
button just appears blank and not checked.

I suspect this is a problem with my GTK+ 2 setup. I don't have a .gtkrc2
file in my home dir and I can't find any such file on my system.

So, from where does GTK+ load it's default theme? The
/usr/share/themes/Default/gtk-2.0 directory is empty, no rc file in
there either.

Could somebody send me a rc file so I can customize it?

Thanks,

- Frank