Re: intltool and gnome-core breakage

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 12:54, Darin Adler wrote:
> On 1/16/02 7:31 AM, "Glynn Foster" <glynn foster sun com> wrote:
>
> > Ahh okay..apologies..We've been having those weird problems when trying
> > to do the distcheck and gnome-terminal.glade.h suddenly disappears.
> > I'll revert this, but I'm thinking that there are some oddities in
> > intltool that we should sort out.
>
> Please tell me about the oddities, and I will sort them out. As I understand
> it, gnome-terminal.glade.h is a generated file that should not be checked
> into cvs, nor listed in POTFILES.in, nor included in any tarball.

old story:

    gnome-terminal.glade.h is generated by glade, but should be in cvs
    and tarballs as otherwise it requires glade at build time.

new story:

    it shouldn't be in cvs or tarballs, and in fact the "generate .h
    file" option in glade should be turned off for it because intltool
    works directly on the .glade file.

at least that's what it seems to me.

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby