Re: [Usability] Instant Apply Windows

George <jirka 5z com> writes:
> Revert is very useful since then you can mess with settings and don't have to
> worry about losing your already nice setup.  I do this quite often.  Also say
> there is a long text property and I by mistake wipe it, and I want it to be
> like it was before, then Revert can save my day.

Revert can be useful but is too complicated for people to implement
correctly (it took ages to get the old control center to work, and
people are already screwing up gconf usage left and right even without
the whole ChangeSet complexity). Having done a few instant-apply
dialogs, I'm really sold on the merits of it being trivial to
implement.

Also, UI-wise, I think it's better to just be sure you can't break
anything too badly via the preferences.

After all, revert does no good if you don't notice you screwed up
until after you close the dialog, so it's only going to save you in a
few cases.

Havoc