Re: [Fwd: Re: profterm]

Kristian Rietveld <kris gtk org> writes:
> On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 07:29, Steve Fox wrote:

> > > That sounds good.
> >
> > And Alt+1, Alt+2, etc to switch between (like XChat) them would be tits!
>
> This isn't a good idea. Some console applications (like irssi) use alt+1
> ... alt+n. So adding this functionality will make those apps unusable in
> the terminal.

I'm having to make keybindings highly configurable for this
reason. You'll be able to change the accelerators, and also globally
disable all accelerators, and globally disable the toplevel menubar
mnemonics, optionally. There will even be a flag to turn off the "give
me the right-click popup menu" keybinding.

I'm having to fight GTK tooth and nail to get this to work, so it's
taking me a while. GTK does _not_ want apps to do this stuff...

It's a bit scary because if someone really needs the keybindings they
can screw themselves into being unable to turn them back on - but I
see no way to avoid that while still allowing any keystroke to
potentially be sent to the terminal.

Havoc