Re: SPEC files for gnome 2.0 beta

Hey Chris,

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Chris Chabot wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Well the reason is two fold. First of all, i would prefer Greg to look
> over them, since he is the maintainer of the current spec files, so i
> don't want to pass him by. (And his standards are high, so the extra
> eyeballs are always a good thing)

	yes, that's sensible ...

> Secondly i still have to learn how to do the required Makefile.am magic
> to generate the spec files in configure.. (though from the look of
> things its not rocket science?) If someone could whip me up a few quick
> pointers on what the procedure is with that, i'll create proper patches
> to be intergrated in CVS.

	no, its not hard, and it should be set up in all the modules
that have (broken) spec files already ..

> That brings me to the next point, i don't have CVS commit access, so its
> either hoping Greg will want to intergrate them, or file bugzilla
> entries for all of the patches ;-)

	I'm sure greg can get a CVS account orgainised for you ..

> Anyways, lets hope we can get them in there rather sooner then later,
> since it would improve the gnome experiance for a lot of potential beta
> testing people.

	yes, I'd like to see go in as soon as possible

> After that, it might be worth to make a packaging component in all
> gnome2 modules, so people can file bugs on the spec files. (I'll
> volunteer as maintainer)

	I'd personally prefer if there was a seperate product in
bugzilla for the GPP, so that you guys can field everything yourselves
there.

Good Luck,
Mark.