Re: Question about ORBit2, gnome-canvas & gnome-ui

Em Dom, 2002-02-24 ās 09:11, Chris Chabot escreveu:
> I've been working on building some redhat packages for the latest gnome2
> releases, and i've ran into some weird behaviour that i can not explain.
>
> When i build ORBit2 in a 'clean' envirioment (ie, only required libs
> installed, and no other gnome2 libs/apps), it does _not_ create the
> /usr/lib/orbit-2.0/Everything_module.* files. However, when i re-build
> ORBit2 when everything has been compiled, it does create these files!
>
> The same goes for gnome-canvas & gnome-ui glade libs in
> /usr/lib/libglade/2.0/* files (ie: libgnome and libcanvas .a/.la/.so).
> When rebuilding these libs when everything has been installed, those
> files are created.. (in the above case, i have a valid libglade2 installed)
>
> What could explain this behaviour? Are some dependencies missing?

The problem (I think) is that the linker is trying to use the ORBit2
libraries that are in /usr/lib instead of ../src/.libs and therefore
can't find them. If you pay attention you'll see some error messages
during %makeinstall.

Btw, gail also has this problem (only libgailutil* is installed,
libgail.* is missing). If you manually copy the libgail.* libraries to
/usr/lib after running make, next time you run %makeinstall the
libgail.* files will be created.