Re: libgnomeui using deprecated GTK+ APIs in its own API

Hi Havoc,

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 00:49, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Libgnomeui has a few interesting spots where it exposes deprecated GTK+
> > APIs in its own API.  For example,
> > So, what should we do here?  Surround these prototypes with #ifndef
> > LIBGNOMEUI_DISABLE_DEPRECATED or something like that, or convert them to
> > GClosure and friends and thus breaking code that uses them?
>
> No there's no way we should remove them at this point. They aren't
> hurting anything.

	If they hurt the removal of deprecated code I think we should deprecate
them - it is after all advisory;

	If that is controversial, we should get release team approval, it would
be interesting to know if anyone actually uses the APIs concerned.

	Regards,

		Michael.