Re: libgnomeui using deprecated GTK+ APIs in its own API

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 18:49, Havoc Pennington wrote:

So, what should we do here?  Surround these prototypes with #ifndef
LIBGNOMEUI_DISABLE_DEPRECATED or something like that, or convert them to
GClosure and friends and thus breaking code that uses them?

No there's no way we should remove them at this point. They aren't
hurting anything.

They hurt in that libgnomeui doesn't build with -D*_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-Wall -Werror.

"OK, so don't use -Werror".  But then we have the situation where apps
will not build due to a chain of GTK+ deprecations that were not
propagated to libgnomeui that were not propagated to etcetera.  E.g.
gnome-app-helper.h wants GtkCallbackMarshal, which is gone with
-DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED.

mark gnome-app-helper deprecated?

/me runs

James.