Re: libgnomeui using deprecated GTK+ APIs in its own API
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: libgnomeui using deprecated GTK+ APIs in its own API
- Date: 13 Feb 2002 21:06:32 -0600
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 18:49, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > So, what should we do here? Surround these prototypes with #ifndef
> > LIBGNOMEUI_DISABLE_DEPRECATED or something like that, or convert them to
> > GClosure and friends and thus breaking code that uses them?
> No there's no way we should remove them at this point. They aren't
> hurting anything.
They hurt in that libgnomeui doesn't build with -D*_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
"OK, so don't use -Werror". But then we have the situation where apps
will not build due to a chain of GTK+ deprecations that were not
propagated to libgnomeui that were not propagated to etcetera. E.g.
gnome-app-helper.h wants GtkCallbackMarshal, which is gone with
So either we build all libraries with no deprecation flags at all or we
chain them properly, I think.
] [Thread Prev