Re: The NEW gnome-terminal!

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 15:51, jacob berkman wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 15:39, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> >
> > Gnome terminal has been under stress use for a lot longer than
> > profterm.  `general bugs' in profterm and gnome-terminal belong in
> > wildly different categories.
>
> and it falls over under the slightest push.
>
> to fix it, it requires a major rewrite of how the classes / preferences
> work, which is a large portion of the code (that nobody has been willing
> to do yet).

That is why `General bugs' fall into two completely different
categories.  In the g-t case, we know what the bugs are.  In the Proterm
case we do not know what the bugs will be once people start using it,
and pushing it.

There are no docs written.  That is why this belongs in GNOME 2.1.

Didnt we have a freeze already?

Do not act surprised or come into my office saying `See how well the KDE
people keep their schedules'.

Miguel.