Re: Deprecated calls in libzvt

Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:

> So, how do we get to the point where i18n in zvt and gnome-terminal works
> without using pango?

i18n terminal functionality is different than what Pango does. Getting
it right is a major project for a very smart person. The way we make
it work is to find such a person and get them to spend a whole lot of
time on it. There is no silver bullet here.

I think Owen had some ideas for getting it to basically work for CJK
though, and letting it use UTF-8 encoding, without enormous effort.

Havoc