Re: A list of minor build troubles I encountered for Desktop Alpha 2

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 17:52, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > depends.dia:	gtk-doc not mentioned. At the lastest at-spi configure
> > 		checks for it
>
> --disable-gtk-doc turns off that check.

Maybe should be mentioned somewhere?

> > depends.dia	scrollkeeper not mentioned. When does it need to be 		built?
>
> You have an old copy or something.  scrollkeeper is mentioned on mine
> under "GNOME 2.0 Core applications platform".  It's listed as a
> dependancy for nautilus, which is only half the story.

Please look at http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/notes/depends.png (or
*.dia). This is the one the release announcement links to, and it's not
there

> > gnome-vfs:	make failure:
> > 		"bzip2-method.c:38: bzlib.h: No such file or directory"
> >
> > 		So libbz2-dev (debian package name) is needed but not 		sufficiently
> > checked by configure (I think configure
> > 		should stop when make will fail anyway
>
> I think this one should get filed at bugzilla.gnome.org, and marked with
> a GNOME 2 keyword.  (mind you, I'd have to go look up what the exact
> keywords are, but this one definately needs to get fixed)

OK, I'll do that

> > at-spi:		make install failure:
> > 		"-- Installing ./html/index.sgml
> > 		/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./html/index.sgml': No 		such file or
> > directory"
>
> configure --disable-gtk-doc will make that go away.

Should be in release notes

> > 		After install of sgml-base sgml-data sgml-tools 		sgmls-doc sgmlspl
> > sgmltexi libsgmls-perl sgmltools-lite 		sgml2x (debian package names,
> > Idon't know which one did 		the trick) it was OK. Maybe list clearer in
> > requirements
>
> I agree, but I haven't been able to figure out what the actual
> requirements are, so that I can file a useful bug.

Same as me :)

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government