easy-fix [was Re: Bugs predicament, and birthday greetings]

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 02:42, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey Glynn,
>
> On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 13:20, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > > 	I started fixing that yesterday but got bored. It'll
> > > be done in the next couple of days ...
> >
> > Our leet hackers [1] shouldn't be fixing this type of bug....
>
> 	You're right, except in this case its not really
> an easy fix - or I would have done it before now.

Which is always the problem with easy-fix- it's a judgement call, and I
know of few things that irritate maintainers more than someone who has
never looked at the code saying something is easy-fix when it is
actually a total PITA. So... I use the keyword very conservatively, and
it appears no hackers do at all :/

Luis

P.S. FWIW, I have ~0 free time to remerge the gnome2.0/gnome2.1 reports,
so I'd appreciate it if someone else did that particular nearly-easy-fix
:)