Re: cd burning in gnome

I beg to differ. "GUI"s that are wrappers for a command-line executable
have consistently presented terrible interfaces to the user. I can think
of few exceptions (actually, I can think of no exceptions, though I'm
sure there are a couple because its certainly not impossible to do this
well, it just virtually never happens: the very nature of the
exceptions is that I would never have NOTICED that they are actually
driving a command).  Libraries that are used by both a command-line
client and a GUI tend to turn out better. Still, at times they suffer
from the same problem if the library is too high level and wasn't
designed primarily to drive a graphical interface (look at video-lan for
a good example of a program that seems to suffer from this problem).

I think the perspective of a "non graphical core" (whether that's
packaged as a seperate executable or a library) driving different
pluggable "shells" (GNOME, KDE, etc) usually turns out poorly.

-Seth