cd burning in gnome

Hi,

So there is some contention as to the correct way to implement CD
burning inside nautilus/gnome-vfs for Gnome, and I was hoping to get
some opinions from the community as to which is the better option.

Alexl thinks that a burn: vfs uri should only be used for temporary
file-storage, and that a separate executable should be invoked to prompt
the user with a dialog to begin burning and to show status.  The dialog
will allow specifying options like burn speed, burner device to use, and
a label for the CD.  The advantages here are simplicity of the burn: vfs
method, and keeping cd-burning code out of gnome-vfs.

I think cd burning should be integrated with gnome-vfs, such that
invoking a burn operation on a burn: uri will cause the cd to start
burning.  Burning options like speed/label/audio-or-data should be
passed as arguments here, instead of being locked up in a separate
executable.  The advantages here are that cd-burning is 1) easily
available to all applications, 2) that burning options, status, and
cancellation can be controlled through code and 3) that the GUI is
determined by the application.

So, what do you guys think?

-Alex

--
 on the canvass of life, incompetence is my paintbrush.