Re: gep-2, Desktop Theme Sets

Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu> writes:

> I basically agree with Nils here in the need for requirements. I am
> personally slightly resentlful of the strong slanting on this gep (just
> count how many times it goes out of the way to re-iterate that fonts
> will be part of the theme set! :-).

Font and background settings do not necessarily involve jungle fonts
or jpeg's of naked women.

A theme that wanted to emulate OS X would probably use a Lucida font,
for example. And the background settting doesn't have to be an image,
it could just be a solid, but predetermined, color. For the Metal
theme, a purple background might make sense.

Similarly, I think there are good uses for being able to change mouse
cursors.