Re: gep-2, Desktop Theme Sets

I basically agree with Nils here in the need for requirements. I am
personally slightly resentlful of the strong slanting on this gep (just
count how many times it goes out of the way to re-iterate that fonts
will be part of the theme set! :-).

I would prefer to start from a more neutral requirements gep with each
section written by the respective representatives from each field. So
Bill (and Calum?) would work on drafting some accesibility requirements,
Nils, Calum and I (and Suz?) would work on drafting some usability
requirements. All this would be mediated with technical requirements
detailed by involved hackers who would be able to provide implementation
constraints (for example, figuring out the minimuum time application of
proposed theme elements would take).

Each group drafting requirements has a responsibility to provide the
most general restriction that fufills their criteria. So for example, it
would be improper to place a usability requirement that "fonts are not
included in the desktop theme dialog". Similarly, it would be improper
to place an accesibility requirement that "fonts are changed by the
desktop theme dialog". Instead they would be better written as, e.g.,
"settings that most users will want to change from the theme defaults
should not be included in the theme" and "selecting an accesibility
theme should change the fonts too". Otherwise our requirements are going
to quickly devolve into tools for "locking in" a particular interface.

-Seth