Re: Community / distributors and release specs [Was: Queries about release specifications]

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 12:21:12AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>     c) Non-bureaucratic discussion on desktop-devel-list and casual
>     concensus.
Exactly.  Possibly via a GEP.

> > 	Ultimately it seems to me we're arguing semantics - the badge 'In the
> > Gnome Core' is not to be haphazardly applied to things. That is the crux
> > - and I believe that sound technical review by eclectic authors, in
> > public, using the GEP is the only way to achieve that.

I'm not opposed to using a GEP to decide additions to the core.
However, I am deathly afraid of layering on piles of rules.  The
majority of this community contributes becuase it is fun.  Guard
that enjoyment zealously or we'll lose new or even existing people.