Re: Queries about release specifications [Was: who gets in and why]

Is it such a barrier to entry?  We're talking about
inclusion in the Desktop release, and such an
inclusion *should* have higher standards, I think.

New developers just getting their GNOME legs can
always develop outside the official distribution or
can submit their applications for Fifth Toe, which I'm
presuming will not be held to such a stringent test in
code quality, documentation, etc.

So, the high bar should only be for inclusion in the
Desktop, right?

--- Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> > > 	We don't need any more core modules with
> unworkable code and a
> > > new maintainer whose hands are tied by that very
> fact when it comes to
> > > trying to advance that module in new areas ...
> Enough GNOME modules
> > > have been re-written ...
>
> We've also got to be *really* careful when doing
> this - quite frankly
> with too many rules and regulations we start to
> raise the barrier for
> someone contributing code to the GNOME project. It's
> hard enough to get
> started in GNOME without this. While I do absolutely
> agree with the
> point that was made, we also have to be very, very
> realistic and take
> people's contributions at face value and welcome
> them with open arms too
> ;)
>

> 			See ya,
> 				Glynn ;)