GNOME Release Names [Was: who gets in and why]

<quote who="Michael Meeks">

> On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 15:05, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Hmm, Luis was quite clear when he said "GNOME Desktop", which is a
> > separate entity to the Developer Platform release.
>
> 	I get so confused about the terminology surrounding the Gnome desktop
> ;-)
>
> 	Hmm,

Okay, this is described on my update to the modules list, which isn't on
dotplan yet because I've just moved and don't have access to my machine
yet... Messy. :-|

Anyway, from memory:

  Developer Platform - GNOME libraries with API/ABI guarantees across major
    releases

  Desktop - The basic components of a modern desktop environment

  Fifth Toe - Awesome GNOME software not included in the Desktop release,
    mostly high-standard utilities and network tools that we want to promote
    as cool GNOME software

  Hacker Tools - GNOME developer utilities and tools such as Glade, Memprof,
    Anjuta, etc.

  Office - The GNOME Office Suite

Howzat? :-)

- Jeff