Re: default immodule setting?

Dinesh Nadarajah <n_dinesh yahoo com> writes:

> Cool!. How would one switch from one module to another without using
> the 'right-click' mouse method. e.g toggle between the between the
> default method and the user selected method (say cyrillic_translit).
> Maybe like XKB does with 'shift-toggle' or 'shift-space' or something
> like that.

Not currently possible for the user. I'd really like to see nice
integration of keyboard layouts and input method modules with
a panel applet to show the current state, but that's that would
definitely require new code.

(You can access the menu with the keyboard using <Shift>10)

> Also, the current table based immodules reads like:

> GDK_a,  0,  0, 0,  0,  0x0e40
>
> can this be rewritten as:

> XXX,  0,  0, 0,  0,  YYY
>
> where XXX and YYY are unicode?

YYY is already Unicode. XXX can't be unicode -- keysyms don't
necessarily correspond to Unicode values (think of something
like "Page Up"). If some Unicode character doesn't have a
corresponding key symbol, you can use

  0x01000000 + Unicode Value

(This is a standard convention shared by Xterm and other
programs.)

Regards,
                                        Owen