Re: default immodule setting?

Yes. That would a great applet indeed. Something like a 'gkb' switcher
for GTK immodules. Maybe with options to select a hot key for switching
and a tag for determining if the switch is to work on a global level or
just the focused window.

Here is an FYI on Unicode based input for immodules. I am running the
latest RedHat Limbo Beta:

I setup an xkb with Unicode output.

In standard/default setting (without any immodule selected), the
Unicode gets correctly displayed on the Gnome2 apps. (well without the
multikey facility).

Now I created and registered a immodule that had a table based entry
like the following:

static guint16 output_sequence[] = {
0x1000bca,  0, 0, 0, 0, 0xbf,
}

This generated several warnings stating that the integer was too long
for type. Ofcource 0x1000bca is not 16 bit. So I am not sure if a table
based immodule can take a Unicode as the input component.

Also it seems that values not defined in gdkkeysyms.h are not accepted
as well. For ex. 0xa0 is not defined in that file and hence even if xkb
generates that keysym, gtk immodule does not process it.

I am not sure if these are known behaviors.

Regards,

-D